The New Green Economy

January 28, 2010

This past week in Washington, DC, I interviewed the Environmental Protection Agency Adminstrator, Lisa Jackson, at the "The New Green Economy" conference organized by the National Council for Science and the Environment.  The conference was held at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center in Washington and welcomed 1,000 attendees at this year's gathering.  I caught Adminstrator Jackson as she entered the back of the hall and waited to be announced for her speech.

The keynote session topic was what many of us wonder these days: "The New Green Economy: (How) Can We Get There From Here?"  Since she was waiting to address the group, I asked her what her message for the 1,000 conference-goers would be?  She said she wanted to offer them the encouragement of President Barack Obama's administration and said that all of us must find our places in the new green economy.  She talked about how the future is full of opportunities to Greenify and that businesses, if they want to survive, will need to fit into the new green economy to succeed in business.

We all want that, don't we?  To fit into the new green economy and to succeed in business?  A lot of people are wondering that right now, so that was my other question (you don't get many questions in while waiting to be announced before a speech) to Administrator Jackson.  "Is there a choice to be made between the environment and the economy?  Can American businesses do both?"

Her answer was extremely encouraging.  She said businesses are going to have to do both. We all are worried about the economy, staying productive and growing as a business, but we need to join the new green economy, too.  In fact, she says that now is the best time to Greenify because being greener is often less costly to businesses.

That's right, both Administrator Jackson and every expert I spoke with this past week said that a greener business is a more productive and cost effective business.   For instance, if you put on a sweater to lower your thermostat and install energy efficient lightbulbs, you will save money.  If you use recyclable paper, you will save the environment and be able to advertise that to customers.  If you drive an energy efficient car, you will pay less for gas.  If you drive a hybrid, you can save even more.  Re-use, use it up, wear it out and recycle your way into the new greener economy.

It's an exciting time to be in business.  It's a great time to Greenify.  And doing both is the only way to move forward into the future with the New Green Economy.

By the way, I interviewed someone else that I was very excited to meet.  I'll tell you about that in a week or two.  I'm waiting for the video link to go up so you can all see that interview in action.  I think you'll be excited, too!

Comments

October 15. 2018 18:34

以低能量的1064-Q激光反覆掃於皮膚表面,逐步改善皮膚色素問題。 治療時產生的熱能能促進膠原蛋白的再生,回復肌膚彈性。 使用7mm平行光光頭,使輸出的激光更溫和及均勻。功效: 去除紋身 美白及去除面毛 令整體膚色更白更均勻 減淡及去除荷爾蒙斑或反黑 增加皮膚膠原蛋白,改善皮膚彈性 減淡深層色斑 : 黃褐斑,荷爾蒙斑,蝴蝶斑 以低能量的1064-QS激光反覆掃於皮膚表面,逐步改善皮膚色素問題 使用8-10mm平行光光頭,使輸出的激光 更溫和及均勻 1. 激光能透進皮膚深層 2. 激光被黑色素吸收 3. 產生熱能將黑色素體分解 4. 被呑噬細胞吸收及排出體外

醫學美容 精雕五官 Juvederm 透明質酸

October 16. 2018 08:52

Clean&Clear 可伶可俐 【油切系列】深層去油洗面乳的商品介紹 Clean&Clear 可伶可俐,油切系列,深層去油洗面乳

醫學美容 Lancôme cosmetic.wiki

October 17. 2018 23:24

Indiba 細胞平衡美療 Bella Marie France 香港 新一代最強韌張力之愛惜康STRATAFIX藍鑽魚骨線,神救援鬆弛老化。擁有PDS縫線中最強韌張力,倒勾根根分明,如同藍鑽特性般的強韌張力,可連續縫合不需打結,省時又省力;為WHO推薦抗菌倒鉤PDS縫線,獨特添加可代謝抑菌劑Triclosan,可以抗金黃葡萄球菌與大腸桿菌(11~23天),是市面上唯一抗菌倒鉤PDS縫線。

醫學美容 瞬速 cosmetic.wiki

October 18. 2018 07:08

奢華的乳霜面膜能讓肌膚變得更加澎潤。

活肌

October 19. 2018 12:27

強化角質層水潤持久力,使肌膚感受無限豐厚的溼潤澄淨感。 中~乾性肌膚適用

落妝

October 19. 2018 13:24

基隆景點 網美景點 ig打卡【正濱漁港.彩虹屋】超級夯的打卡點 - 小蚊子愛飛飛 - FashionGuide 華人時尚專業評鑑 基隆有高地、海洋雙景緻,和平島南方【正濱漁港】,,肯定是基隆今夏第一夯景點,洗版洗的兇太燒,蚊姐也跟隨朝聖,,坐大眾交通工具,火車站下、往左至基隆公車總站,,

醫學美容 純金 cosmetic.wiki

October 20. 2018 06:47

撐本地藝術!大官廳展出劉彥韜油畫系列 - STYLE-TIPS.COM 大官廳及摩登吧將於香港藝術週,呈獻本地新晉藝術家劉彥韜的個人作品展,名為《The...

醫學美容 琥珀美容 cosmetic.wiki

October 21. 2018 05:54

H&M為瑞典隊設計2018年冬季奧運及殘奧隊服 Marie Claire (HK) Edition 作為瑞典品牌,有機會為自己國家設計奧運隊服當然開心兼要大事宣傳。H&M 宣佈為瑞典國家隊員設計服飾,出席韓國平昌舉辦的2018年冬季奧運及冬季殘奧會出席開幕和閉幕典禮,其實這次已不是 H&am

醫學美容 凝膠玻尿酸 cosmetic.wiki

November 5. 2018 18:56

[...]check below, are some totally unrelated websites to ours, however, they are most trustworthy sources that we use[...]…

November 6. 2018 17:06

The Borussia Dortmund squad have been recovering from their pre-season friendly victory over Urawa Red Diamonds by braving the dreaded ice baths in Japan. Borussia Dortmund stars Mario Gotze, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Shinji Kagawa brave the ice baths... but they all hate the experience!

Football Solutions UEFA Europa League - Polonia Warszawa-Budućnost Podgorica

November 11. 2018 09:54

Let's hope Tuesday night's Championship play-off second leg between Reading and Fulham doesn't go to penalties - we could be there all night. Reading v Fulham Championship play-off preview: Premier League hopefuls locked at 1-1 as Wembley beckons

Football Solutions Under-17 - Matias Rale

November 20. 2018 13:29

West Brom may have dismantled Chelsea on Monday but Tony Pulis wasn't looking to stick around at The Hawthorns after completing his press conference in just 31 seconds. Tony Pulis completes his press conference in just 31 SECONDS after West Brom's win over Premier League champions Chelsea

futbol.run UEFA Champions League - Young Boys - Matches

November 21. 2018 08:40

Graeme Souness believes Mark Warburton will be fielding offers from major English clubs for his services this summer. The Rangers boss has helped lead his side back to the SPL. Rangers boss Mark Warburton will be a target for Premier League clubs, says Graeme Souness

futbol.run UEFA Europa League - Gabala - Statistics

November 28. 2018 09:33

<p>I think this is among the most significant info for me. And i’m glad reading your article. But wanna remark on some general things, The website style is wonderful, the articles is really great : D. Good job, cheers</p>

Alethea Winker

December 1. 2018 11:57

<p>That is a great tip especially to those fresh to the blogosphere.<br />Simple but very accurate information… Thank you for<br />sharing this one. A must read article!</p>

Mi Laska

December 21. 2018 05:02

Im thankful for the blog post.Much thanks again.

govt jobs - GJV

December 23. 2018 07:25

It’s hard to find well-informed people about this subject, but you sound like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks https://penzu.com/public/667cf825

our casino

December 23. 2018 19:39

Appreciate you sharing, great article post.Much thanks again. Fantastic.

melatonina comprar

December 25. 2018 17:42

I am not sure where you are getting your information, but good topic. I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more. Thanks for great information I was looking for this information for my mission. lin9diaryd.weebly.com/.../what-struggling-actors-can-do-to-earn-extra-cash

Employment news

December 27. 2018 18:26

hey there and thank you for your information ? I have definitely picked up anything new from right here. I did however expertise a few technical points using this web site, since I experienced to reload the web site lots of times previous to I could get it to load correctly. I had been wondering if your hosting is OK? Not that I am complaining, but slow loading instances times will very frequently affect your placement in google and can damage your high-quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I am adding this RSS to my email and can look out for a lot more of your respective interesting content. Ensure that you update this again soon.. Sarkari Naukri - Helios7.com jim7blog.eklablog.com/consulting-readiness-program-what-you-need-to-know-a156527262

govt jobs

January 1. 2019 00:24

I want to to thank you for this great read!! I certainly enjoyed every bit of it. I have got you book-marked to check out new stuff you post… www.healthinputs.com/.../

Nutrition and health tips

January 2. 2019 13:10

This is a good tip especially to those new to the blogosphere. Simple but very precise info… Thank you for sharing this one. A must read post! www.kiwibox.com/.../

Recommended You Read

January 6. 2019 11:58

loved reading your website. issuu.com/.../what-is-a-critical-care-transport-n

go

January 6. 2019 21:07

try here wheresobamasbirthcertificate.com/blog/?p=909

see

January 8. 2019 20:19

I couldn’t resist commenting. Perfectly written! wallinside.com/...ling-are-legal-in-louisiana.html

January 9. 2019 18:19

Major thanks for the article.Really thank you! Keep writing.

dyson v8 cordless vacuum

January 10. 2019 14:33

This blog was... how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally I've found something that helped me. Many thanks! https://is.gd/5fwsuU

Watchmoviesonline

January 11. 2019 23:12

Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you penning this post plus the rest of the site is also very good. wallinside.com/...5515509-watch-movies-online.html

watch movies online Free

January 14. 2019 03:24

This is a very good tip particularly to those fresh to the blogosphere. Simple but very precise information… Appreciate your sharing this one. A must read post! http://watchmoviesonline4free.strikingly.com

watchmoviesonline4free.strikingly.com