Global Conference on Climate Change: Can We Do Better?

December 9, 2009

Leaders from 200 nations around the world, environmental activists, scientists and leaders of industry are meeting in Copenhagen, Denmark for the better part of the next two weeks discussing how to lower global warming emissions and work together to stop pollution and global warming.

The leaders who meet there will try to reach an agreement on issues of global warming that will replace the Kyoto Protocol, which was established by the United Nations in 1997 as a way to combat global warming.  It expires in 2012.

The conference is billed as the “last, best chance to clinch an agreement” before the Kyoto Protocols expire.  But what exactly does that mean?

Environmental groups think it’s fundamental to any chance that we have for keeping our planet clean and operating with the same climactic rules that it has for hundreds of thousands of years.

"We need to have a legally binding agreement to reduce carbon emission in developed countries as quickly as possible," says Charlie Kronick, climate advisor at Greenpeace.

In order to do that, Greenpeace and other groups argue that developing countries need to contribute to the cost for poorer, under-developed nations who are still struggling to get their economies operating.

Others suggest that even the most poverty-stricken countries are going to have to participate, in order to make the transition work.

"What we're looking for in Copenhagen is a global partnership between the North and the South, between the developed, industrialized nations and the rapidly developing ones with the other developing nations also a part of that cooperative partnership deal, which is the only way we're going to deal with this," according to Nick Nuttall, spokesman for the U.N. Environment Program.

We are all going to have to work together and work fast.  Our world is changing, temperatures and climate conditions evolving and species disappearing at an alarming rate.  You’ll want to stay tuned here and at other green news sites around the Internet for the latest on how the talks in Copenhagen are going through December 19.

We can Greenify, but it will take every nation doing its best to stop global emissions and warming.

Comments

October 15. 2018 11:55

利率低至 5.25,免MC審批,歡迎查詢。 高成數按揭. 免費按揭轉介. 銀行利率低. 專人跟進. 快捷取款

Wealth Link Credit 富通信貸

October 16. 2018 17:47

MENTHOLATUM 曼秀雷敦 【潤唇系列】薄荷修護潤唇霜的商品介紹 MENTHOLATUM 曼秀雷敦,潤唇系列,薄荷修護潤唇霜

醫學美容 暖膜 cosmetic.wiki

October 19. 2018 07:59

倩碧三步驟還原潤膚膠,清爽好吸收的凝膠質地,每天使用兩次,可藉由複製健康肌膚的正確油水平衡,重建流失水分,重現光透潤澤。最適合混和偏油與油性肌膚使用

October 20. 2018 09:32

散寒養生-老瑤薑米酵素精華洗髮露 散寒養生-老瑤薑米酵素精華洗髮露

醫學美容 星級面部護理 cosmetic.wiki

October 27. 2018 09:13

以為只是更年期 她卵巢腫瘤竟大如葡萄柚 - - FashionGuide 華人時尚專業評鑑 健康醫療網/記者吳珮均報導,一名63歲的盧媽媽,在17年前隱約感到身體不對勁,腹脹、腹瀉,原以為是更年期,直到因嚴重腹脹就醫,才發現卵巢出現兩顆大如葡萄柚的腫瘤。經手術切除腫瘤後以為相安無事,不料10年後,因突然劇烈偏頭痛至急診...,

醫學美容-潔膚油-氧氣-cosmetic-wiki

October 28. 2018 08:27

coni beauty 康倪生醫 【去角質系列】紅石榴活顏去角質凝膠 Pomegrante Oxygenated Exfoliating Gel的商品介紹 coni beauty 康倪生醫,去角質系列,紅石榴活顏去角質凝膠 Pomegrante Oxygenated Exfoliating Gel

醫學美容-微磁頻-紅妍-cosmetic-wiki

November 8. 2018 05:21

IAN LADYMAN IN SEATTLE: Manchester United are following up their interest in former Sampdoria goalkeeper Sergio Romero. United want him to replace the outgoing Victor Valdes. Manchester United chasing Sergio Romero after Louis van Gaal shows Victor Valdes the Old Trafford door

Football Solutions Women's Under-19 - Ukraine-Spain - Line-ups

November 22. 2018 03:38

Liverpool will work feverishly during the international break to find a solution to Daniel Agger's back problem. The injury has dogged him all season. Daniel Agger's back injury still giving Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez cause for concern

futbol.run European Qualifiers - Uruguay-France - Line-ups

February 24. 2019 16:23

"I'm not positive where you are getting your info, but good topic. I must spend some time finding out more or figuring out more. Thanks for magnificent info I was on the lookout for this information for my mission."

Browse

February 24. 2019 16:27

Very interesting information!Perfect just what I was looking for!

March 5. 2019 15:32

thank u for this rich amazing content keep it up

مسلسلات تورنت

March 23. 2019 03:56

"Excellent website. Lots of helpful information here. I am sending it to some friends ans additionally sharing in delicious. And certainly, thanks for your sweat!"

Fashion Jewelry

April 22. 2019 19:30

Nice read, I just passed this onto a friend who was doing some research on that. And he just bought me lunch as I found it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thank you for lunch!

Dick Nabers

May 5. 2019 10:52

Its like you read my mind! You appear to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you can do with a few pics to drive the message home a little bit, but other than that, this is wonderful blog. An excellent read. I will definitely be back.

Errol Eckloff

May 6. 2019 18:48

Hi my family member! I want to say that this post is amazing, nice written and include almost all significant infos. I would like to look more posts like this .

My Wedin