Greenify Your Morning Coffee

July 29, 2008

I discovered a new way to greenify my mornings! You’ve heard of Fair Trade, shade grown and organically grown coffee. And now there is Solar Roast! Two brothers in Pueblo, CO roast coffee via the sun. Four years ago, Dave and Mike invented a solar coffee roaster using mirrors, a broccoli steamer and a satellite dish. Today they are the only commercial solar coffee roasters in the world. They have a coffee shop in Pueblo and also sell their coffee via retail and wholesale. As far as I could tell, only the Tanzania Peaberry is certified organic. Interestingly enough, carbon neutral roasting doesn’t take much longer than more conventional roasting.

One company has decided to revert back to the sailing days of old to beat fuel prices. The French shipping outfit Compagnie de Transport Maritime a la Volle (CMTV) chartered the Kathleen & May, a 106 year old tall ship, to transport 30,000 bottles of wine from Southern France to Dublin. The ship travels at half the speed of a modern cargo vessel at a top speed of 8 knots and emits exactly zero carbon dioxide. One could say that the voyage was a gimmick in order for the wine producers to Greenify their labels, but ultimately, the tall shops could turn into an economically viable means of transportation as oil prices keep increasing. CMTV has chartered four other ships to transport Fair Trade coffee (hear that Solar Roast?), jams and alcoholic beverages. Start your day off right and Greenify your morning cup of coffee!

Comments

October 17. 2018 05:58

SABON 【身體保養系列】死海晶礦身體乳液的商品介紹 SABON,身體保養系列,死海晶礦身體乳液

醫學美容 乳酸 cosmetic.wiki

October 18. 2018 07:03

CLINIQUE 倩碧線上購物官網。瀏覽Clinique倩碧官方網站,了解更多線上購物、護膚、彩粧、香氛及禮品詳情。通過過敏性測試,百分百不含香料。

亞健康

October 20. 2018 01:52

Dior 迪奧 【精萃再生花蜜淨白系列】精萃再生花蜜淨白乳液的商品介紹 Dior 迪奧,精萃再生花蜜淨白系列,精萃再生花蜜淨白乳液

醫學美容 啱用 cosmetic.wiki

November 4. 2018 21:41

Carlton Cole has warned his West Ham team-mates against complacency ahead of the Championship play-off final against Blackpool. The Hammers recorded a comprehensive league double over Ian Holloway’s outfit. We're not there yet, warns West Ham's Cole ahead of play-off final

Football Solutions UEFA Youth League - Thomas Clayton

November 27. 2018 20:28

<p>I’m curious to find out what blog platform you are working with?<br />I’m experiencing some minor security problems with my latest<br />website and I would like to find something more secure.</p><p>Do you have any suggestions?</p>

Odelia Beene

November 30. 2018 22:56

<p>I would like to thank you for the efforts you’ve put in writing this web site. I’m hoping the same high-grade website post from you in the upcoming also. Actually your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my own blog now. Actually the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a good example of it.</p>

Olene Shabel