Giving Green Business Gifts

May 22, 2008

Do you ever purchase gifts for clients, associates or employees? Here’s another area where it is becoming easier than ever to Greenify. Green gifts will have a low environmental impact and support local economies in a fair manner.

If flowers are your go-to-gift, start looking for organic flowers and ideally, for locally grown organic flowers. By buying locally, you are assisting the local economy as well as avoiding all that CO2 from flying flowers in. Check out Local Harvest for flower growers near you. Organic Bouquets or California Organic Flowers are good defaults if local flowers are not available. Most cut flowers are grown in South America and Africa and are heavily doused with pesticides, including pesticides which are illegal to use in the US. The chemicals negatively impact the flower workers, the ground water, soil and the surrounding villages.

If you prefer to send a food gift, maybe Equal Exchange would appeal. You can send a gift of fairly traded coffee, tea or chocolate. The farmers who grow these products do so in sustainable manner and receive a fair wage for their work. Or what about finding a local baker who uses organic ingredients and buy a couple dozen cookies or cupcakes?

Ten Thousand Villages offers a wide assortment of gift ideas. Ten Thousand Villages purchases their items from artisans in Latin America, Africa, Asia and the Middle East, using Fair Trade agreements.

If your company regularly hands out promotional gifts, much of that can be Greenified. In an earlier post I mentioned green office supplies- you can use the same concepts if you give away printed paper products, pens or other supplies.

Giving green may take a little more forethought than just calling up the florist and ordering flowers. But it is worth it to take that extra time, lessen the environmental impact and help to have a positive influence on someone’s life.

Comments

October 15. 2018 06:46

水上活動首選印尼松巴島?全球最佳酒店特別住宿之旅 - STYLE-TIPS.COM 去亞洲旅行,可能會令你想到日、韓、台,其次為泰國、新加坡,卻未必首選印尼?位於東...

醫學美容 潤澤霜 cosmetic.wiki

October 17. 2018 23:28

YOKO 優菓 【身體清潔保養】牛奶身體乳液的商品介紹 YOKO 優菓,身體清潔保養,牛奶身體乳液

醫學美容 刮痧 cosmetic.wiki

October 21. 2018 02:58

elite 【彩妝工具】伸縮修容刷的商品介紹 elite,彩妝工具,伸縮修容刷

醫學美容 纖腰 cosmetic.wiki

November 10. 2018 10:39

Michael Chambers, a teenage defender at Dulwich Hamlet, is the subject of an unlikely transfer pursuit involving no less than Manchester United, Arsenal, Tottenham and seven other clubs. United lead chase for Dulwich kid Chambers as Premier League top dogs eye defender

Football Solutions Maribor set seal on ninth Slovenian title

November 23. 2018 12:58

Newcastle boss Chris Hughton has backed veteran defender Sol Campbell despite recent pictures appearing to show his new signing had put on weight. Sol Campbell starting to shape up for Newcastle

futbol.run UEFA Nations League - Czech Republic - Josef Hušbauer

November 27. 2018 19:50

<p>Excellent post. I absolutely love this site. Stick with it!</p>

Chastity Seliga

December 4. 2018 10:52

I like what you guys are up also. Such clever work and reporting! Keep up the superb works guys I¡¦ve incorporated you guys to my blogroll. I think it'll improve the value of my web site Smile

click the following page

December 6. 2018 17:49

Excellent read, I just passed this onto a friend who was doing a little research on that. And he actually bought me lunch since I found it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch!

discover this