Earth Day Resolution #6 – Going Green for Schools

April 18, 2008

For the past few weeks, the parents at my children’s school have been hearing about the upcoming spring fundraiser. One never knows what that is going to entail – selling cookie dough, chocolates, wrapping paper or magazine subscriptions. As I my kids became more excited about the ‘sale’ and the prospect of selling enough items to get that coveted grand prize, I became more concerned about which neighbors and family members were ‘on deck’ in the friendly rotation of supporting one another’s schools via the children’s fundraisers.

I was very pleasantly surprised when the folder came home in the backpack and it looked unfamiliar. My kids could not stop talking about the ‘Go Green’ sale they were having. “Go Green,” I asked? “Yes mom…you know Go Green as in doing something good for the earth,” the kids replied. I immediately opened the envelope to find an eco-friendly looking brochure from Growkids – help children/heal the earth. What a concept, the kids are going to sell items like seed collections, green foaming soap, reusable shopping bags and hemp frisbees. The school receives 50% of all proceeds, a tree is dedicated and planted for every sales participant and the products being sold are environmentally friendly. It seems like a win for all – the school, the kids, the buyers and our environment!  As Sarah Talley, the founder of Growkids states on her website, “I’m not ready to run off into the forest and forfeit all of the comforts of modern life ... but I am learning to walk a little softer on the earth.”

In the midst of my excitement I picked up the phone to tell a friend at a neighboring school. When I started to talk about the Go Green fundraiser at our school, my friend quickly responded with her school’s version of the Green sale…CFL light bulbs. Her school was having a CFL sale. We seem to be moving away from cookie dough, candy and magazine sales. How nice!

This Earth Day, resolve to help spread the word at your children’s school about Green fundraising opportunities. Face it, the school fundraiser is here to stay. It’s a right of passage for the youngsters. The cute faces knocking on your door eager to make a sale are not going away and I hope they never do. Why not teach the kids about the importance of doing the right thing for the environment while going green and helping their school at the same time! I hope that we can all walk a little gentler this year!

Comments

October 15. 2018 02:16

體驗真正網上 Personal Loan 批核,隨時提款話咁易! TPF 團隊撐您,現金即時到手!自訂還款期,短期周轉首選!立即申請,特快私人貸款。 特快網上批核 | 還款計算機.

Wealth Link Credit 富通信貸 » 居屋/公屋 業主貸款

October 15. 2018 02:33

除皺特點 純度高,效果好 見效迅速,無創無痛 安全精準,表情自然 唯一在臨床有20多年的注射材料,全球超過11000000人使用 適用範圍 魚尾紋、額頭紋、眉間紋、鼻紋和頸部皺紋都可以祛除; 最適合於早期的、不太明顯的皺紋 不須使用任何的鎮靜劑或局部麻醉劑,且Botox除皺治療後可立即繼續進行正常的活動。 Botox除皺可以利用午休時間約診即可,完全不影響工作的安排。BOTOX肉毒桿菌素是一種高度純化的蛋白質,經過注射之後,能夠使導致動態皺紋的肌肉得到放鬆,它能夠阻斷導致肌肉收縮的神經細胞,使面部線條變得平滑並防止新皺紋形成。全球銷量第一品牌 在中國唯一獲得SFDA、FDA批准用於醫療美容的肉毒桿菌素 唯一一個擁有40年安全記錄的肉毒桿菌素 在70個國家獲得批准使用 BOTOX肉毒杆菌素

醫學美容 Teosyal® Redensity II 熊猫針 cosmedicbook

October 18. 2018 20:16

以內視鏡提眉、內開法眼袋手術、 音波拉皮告別初老

黑色素

October 19. 2018 12:55

宛如馬甲般抗老眼霜,讓你的笑容沒有歲月的痕跡 by~嬌蘭皇家蜂王乳超拉提眼霜&嬌蘭皇家蜂王乳平衡油 @ 潮流、美妝、消費 創造個人化風格的女性社群 PIXstyleMe 宛如馬甲般抗老眼霜,讓你的笑容沒有歲月的痕跡 by~嬌蘭皇家蜂王乳超拉提眼霜&嬌蘭皇家蜂王乳平衡油

醫學美容 腰部 cosmetic.wiki

October 29. 2018 05:47

【生活雜記】美食搜查月♥♥7月生活照片小隨筆 @ B2B崔咪TRAMY :: 痞客邦 :: 封面照有人看的出來H是在扮誰嗎XDDD((笑翻中題外話~前幾天有貼心的妞問我,為什麼崔小咪最近不寫''咪咪老師診療室'',其實我最近心情

醫學美容-清爽-魚子-cosmetic-wiki

November 8. 2018 06:19

SAM CUNNINGHAM AT THE VITALITY STADIUM: Bournemouth remain in the relegation zone after a frustrating goalless draw at home to Leicester. The Cherries had a penalty appeal turned down Bournemouth 0-0 Leicester: The Cherries were denied a penalty in a frustrating afternoon at home against the Foxes

Football Solutions Lucas Perez Martinez

November 27. 2018 18:17

<p>Hi! I’ѵe been rеading your site for a long time now and finally got<br />the braverʏ to go aheead and give you a shout out from Huffman Tx!<br />Just wanted to tell you қeep up the great job!</p>

Roberto Alig

November 30. 2018 20:34

<p>Simply to follow up on the update of this subject matter on your<br />web-site and would want to let you know just<br />how much I appreciated the time you took to create<br />this useful post. In the post, you really spoke regarding how to really handle this issue with all comfort.<br />It would be my personal pleasure to accumulate some<br />more suggestions from your web site and come up to offer other folks<br />what I learned from you. Thanks for your usual great effort.</p>

Aaron Ginnis