Loca - What?!

March 9, 2008

An email arrived in my inbox this afternoon containing a suggestion from a co-worker for an upcoming blog topic. The message included a brief description and a few urls describing the following word…Locavore. I immediately thought to myself…Loca what?! Locavore. It was not a typo and it was not a dinosaur descriptor.

In fact, it was The New Oxford American Dictionary’s word of the year in 2007. The word is just a few years old and originated in the San Francisco area. Locavore is defined as a person who seeks out locally produced food. As I dug a little deeper on the internet, I came to find out that many Locavores only eat foods produced within a certain mile radius of where they live. There is even a challenge known as the 100-mile diet.

Wow! This seems to tie in nicely with Earth Day Resolution #1 – Go Green – I Mean Literally. The resolution encourages people to make an effort to eat more locally grown greens, fruits and other colored vegetables. Who knew it had such a fancy name and that locally could be translated into an actual mileage radius! Suffice it to say, I continue to learn something new every day and today, I learned a cool ‘green’ word.

Comments

October 17. 2018 05:53

發展重點放在了由皮膚科醫生核心指導設計,結合頂尖瑞士工學科技的優異潔膚工具,提供安全、溫和又有效的潔顏體驗音波共震結合獨特毛刷結構,可溫和按摩肌膚,比手洗更有效鬆動毛孔與表皮層沉積的細微重金屬、頑垢和多餘皮脂,掃除難搞的黑頭粉刺。 </ P <產品規格 音波淨膚儀機身輕羽複合刷頭刷頭蓋充電器</ P

醫學注射

October 18. 2018 21:42

功效達至「晶瑩剔透的亮白」及「緊緻眼周位置」。修護緊緻眼霜的強大功效帶來年輕美麗的眼眸,遠離黑眼圈和眼部鬆弛。

活氧露

October 19. 2018 13:15

NUXE 黎可詩 【晶亮瑩肌保濕系列*】晶亮瑩肌保濕乳霜 Creme ProdigieuseR Anti-Fatigue Moisturising Cream的商品介紹 UrCosme (@cosme TAIWAN) 商品資訊 NUXE 黎可詩,晶亮瑩肌保濕系列*,晶亮瑩肌保濕乳霜 Creme ProdigieuseR Anti-Fatigue Moisturising Cream

醫學美容 熱感溶脂​ cosmetic.wiki

November 21. 2018 14:44

Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini accused his players of complacency after squandering a two-goal lead to draw 2-2 at home to Burnley. Manuel Pellegrini admits Manchester City 'thought the game was over' as Burnley fight back from 2-0 down for a draw

futbol.run UEFA Europa League - Titograd - Danilo Vukićević

November 27. 2018 21:36

<p>I just could not leave your web site prior to suggesting that I really enjoyed the standard info a person provide to your visitors? Is gonna be again ceaselessly to investigate cross-check new posts</p>

Judi Mathewson

December 1. 2018 00:05

<p>It’s remarkable for me to have a web page, which is good designed<br />for my know-how. thanks admin</p>

Leo Harelson

December 4. 2018 16:30

I'm extremely impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself? Anyway keep up the excellent quality writing, it’s rare to see a great blog like this one nowadays..